October 23, 2020
Due to the extended STAY AT HOME ORDER issued by the BTBC, LIHEAP will continue to be closed to the public. You may pick up an application at the following places:
- Browning – Glacier Electric
- Cut Bank – Glacier Electric
- East Glacier – Post Office
- Babb – Fire Hall
- Heart Butte-Mini Store
Applications have already been mailed to clients who are 60+ and applied last year. If you are 60+ and/or handicapped, and you did not apply last year, call 338-7977. Leave your name and mailing address and an application will be mailed to you.
Blackfeet Housing tenants should check with your OT for an application to be mailed to you.
Documents you will need:
- Current heating bill with applicant’s name or household member’s name and account number
- Income for the past 12 months
- Social Security Card copies of all household members and 1 Indian ID. If you applied last year you do not have to submit these documents. We will use what’s on file, HOWEVER, if you are adding an additional household member you must submit a copy of their social security card and income for the past 12 months.
When filling out the application please have a working phone number so we can contact you if we need additional information. All persons who are 18 and older must sign a Confidential Release of Information form so take additional forms if needed. This is page 7 of the application. Also, all household members who are 18 and older must sign the application. This is on page 5.
The application process will take longer than in the past. Please be patient as we are trying to keep everyone safe. If you have any questions, please call us at 338-7977 and someone will assist you.
PLEASE MAIL YOUR COMPLETED APPLICATION TO:
PO BOX 880
BROWNING, MT 59417