The Blackfeet Tribal Business Council, on December 29, 2020, by resolution, has extended Tribal Ordinance 121 until September 30, 2021. The Blackfeet Incident Command has extended the Stay At Home Order until January 14, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
EXPLAINING THE EXTENSION:
- There seems to be confusion on the extension of Tribal Ordinance 121. This extension is to allow the Incident Command Team to continue, as well as other items under the CARES Act. Also, it requires face masks, social distancing, and other CDC regulations.
- The Stay At Home Order is a phased plan that allows for the reservation to open up gradually as cases continue to decline or remain closed as they increase. This is decided on in 2 week increments by the Incident Command.
- The reservation businesses are governed under a Tribal Business Order which is changed on an as needed basis.
- The closure to the east side of Glacier National Park is a separate issue that will be worked on by the Tribe and Glacier Park in the near future. No plans for a 2021 closure have been decided on.
- With the vaccine now available, the Tribe will continue to revisit the ordinance and resolution based on the safety of the residents of the Blackfeet Reservation. Dates are only used as a planning mechanism and may be changed as needed.
Remember, we are still in a world wide pandemic and we need to continue to work together to be safe.